American Document Destruction, Inc. is proud to offer our clients both on and off site shredding services. We understand that many business owners struggle with understanding which of our confidential shredding services best suits their destruction needs. We also realize that choosing the right service for your business is all about being well-informed. As a result, we strive to educate our customers about all records and information management best practices—including document destruction—so they can make the most informed decision for their business.
Benefits of Using an On Site Shredding Company
Our on site shredding company has gained popularity over the past several years due to a number of factors including:
- expedient disposal of business information
- ability to witness the shredding process
Similarly, the following statements by American Document Destruction, Inc. customers illustrate commonly held concerns about off site document shredding companies:
- “I don’t want my documents to leave my premises for security reasons.”
- “I want on site shredding services because I want to watch the shredding being done.”
- “I think it is safer to have the shredding done at my office because I don’t know or trust where it goes if it leaves my premises.”
Yet, while each destruction solution has its benefits, off site shredding still offers a number of advantages over on site shredding.
Reconsidering Off Site Shredding
On site shredding is not necessarily more secure than off site shredding. Consider the following:
- If you have elected on site shredding, do you or an employee of your company watch the shredding process?
- If you do not, why is it more secure at your facility than ADD, Inc?
- If you do watch, do you really know what you are watching?
A Real-World Example
The Enron scandal created a myth that all shredded paper can be pieced back together. Enron’s attorneys were able to piece the paper together because the shredding was done with isolated shredders into an isolated container. Since only Enron’s documents were shredded it was no more than a large puzzle to piece back together. This scenario is impossible with American Document Destruction, Inc. “closed loop” off site shredding.
Why is Off Site Shredding So Secure?
Off site shredding ensures that all of your confidential documents are mixed with thousands of pounds of other customers’ documents. Off site confidential shredding services your documents are picked up and securely disposed of using the following processes:
- confidential documents are placed within a locked container
- documents to be shredded are picked up by a trained, screened ADD, Inc. employee
- all material to be shredded is placed on a locked truck
- documents are transported to ADD, Inc. secure shredding facility
- all records are immediately shredded and baled
- baled paper is are secured until sent directly to paper mill for recycling
Most vendors that offer only on site shredding do not bale the shredded paper. Instead, they dump it at a recycling facility where there are no background checks or drug testing required for their employees. In contrast, we bale all shredded material and send it directly to the paper mill for both our on and off site shredding services.
Off Site is More Cost-Effective than On Site
It’s important to factor in all of the hidden costs associated with on site shredding. Witnessing the on site shredding process is not a cost-free endeavor. A cost analysis will quickly reveal the expenses associated with staff wages and benefits allocated for the visual verification process. As a result, off site shredding services overall are more economical than on site destruction.
Reno On and Off Site Shredding Company
Ultimately, your shredding choice comes down to which solution offers the most benefit for your business. American Document Destruction, Inc. is committed to offering the best value for your dollar. After all, a happy and informed customer is our best asset!