HOW TO CHOOSE BETWEEN
Onsite and Offsite Paper Shredding Services
American Document Destruction, Inc. is proud to offer our clients both onsite and offsite paper shredding services. We understand that many business owners struggle with understanding which solution best suits their destruction needs. We also realize that choosing the right service for your business is all about being well-informed. As a result, our secure document destruction company strives to educate our customers about all records and information management best practices—including secure solution document destruction—so they can make the most informed decision for their business.
Each of our destruction services has its benefits. See for yourself which one will work best for you and your business.
ONSITE SHREDDING SERVICES
Onsite shredding has gained popularity over the past several years due to a number of factors including:
• Expedient Disposal of Business Information
• Ability to Witness the Paper Shredding Process
Similarly, the following statements by our customers illustrate commonly held concerns about offsite shredding:
• “I don’t want my documents to leave my premises for security reasons.”
• “I want onsite shredding services because I want to watch the shredding being done.”
• “I think it is safer to have the shredding done at my office because I don’t know or trust where it goes if it leaves my premises.”
While onsite shredding is very convenient and allows customers to see their documents being shredded physically, we guarantee that our offsite shredding services in Carson City NV, Lake Tahoe, Elko, and many other surrounding areas are performed with this same quality. This is why each customer receives a Certificate of Destruction regardless of their decision to choose onsite or offsite shredding.
OFFSITE SHREDDING SERVICES
Onsite shredding is not necessarily more secure than offsite shredding. Both are a secure solution when it comes to document destruction. Consider the following:
- If you have elected onsite shredding, do you or an employee of your company watch the shredding process?
- If you do not, why is it more secure at your facility than ADD, Inc?
- If you do watch, do you really know what you are watching?
Now, consider this real-world example:
The Enron scandal created a myth that all shredded paper can be pieced back together. Enron’s attorneys were able to piece the paper together because the paper shredding was done with isolated shredders into a separate container. Since only Enron’s documents were shredded, it was no more than a large puzzle to piece back together. This scenario is impossible with American Document Destruction’s “closed loop” offsite shredding.
Our offsite shredding services ensure all confidential documents are mixed with thousands of pounds of other customers’ documents. With our offsite shredding services, your documents are picked up and securely disposed of using the following processes:
- Confidential documents are placed within a locked container
- Documents to be shredded are picked up by a trained, screened ADD, Inc. employee
- All material to be shredded is placed on a locked truck
- Documents are transported to ADD, Inc. secure shredding facility
- All records are immediately shredded and baled
- Baled paper is secured until sent directly to a paper mill for recycling
Most vendors that offer only onsite shredding do not bale the shredded paper. Instead, they dump it at a recycling facility where there are no background checks or drug testing required for their employees. We are a secure document destruction company that bales all shredded material and sends it directly to the paper mill for both our onsite and offsite shredding solutions.
Offsite shredding services are also more cost-effective than onsite shredding when you require document shredding in Carson City NV, Lake Tahoe CA, and anywhere that isn’t in the Reno-Sparks area. It’s important to factor in all of the hidden costs associated with onsite shredding. Witnessing the onsite shredding process is not a cost-free endeavor. A cost analysis will quickly reveal the expenses associated with staff wages and benefits allocated for the visual verification process. As a result, offsite shredding services are overall more economical than onsite destruction.
PROVIDING YOU WITH ONSITE AND OFFSITE SHREDDING SERVICES
Choices to Fit Your Business Needs
Ultimately, choosing between our onsite and offsite shredding services comes down to which secure solution document destruction offers the most benefit for your business. American Document Destruction, Inc. is committed to providing the best value for your dollar. After all, a happy and informed customer is our best asset!