HOW TO CHOOSE BETWEEN
On-Site or Off-Site Shredding
American Document Destruction, Inc. is proud to offer our clients both on-site shredding and off-site shredding. We understand that many business owners struggle with understanding which solution best suits their destruction needs. We also realize that choosing the right service for your business is all about being well-informed. As a result, our secure document destruction company strives to educate our customers about all records and information management best practices—including document destruction—so they can make the most informed decision for their business.
Each destruction solution has its benefits. See for yourself which one will work best for you, and your business.
On-site shredding has gained popularity over the past several years due to a number of factors including:
• expedient disposal of business information
• ability to witness the shredding process
Similarly, the following statements by our customers illustrate commonly held concerns about off-site shredding:
• “I don’t want my documents to leave my premises for security reasons.”
• “I want on-site shredding services because I want to watch the shredding being done.”
• “I think it is safer to have the shredding done at my office because I don’t know or trust where it goes if it leaves my premises.”
While on-site shredding is very convenient and allows customers to physically see their documents being shredded, we guarantee that our off-site document shredding services in Carson City NV, Lake Tahoe, Elko and many other surrounding areas are performed with this same quality. This is why each customer receives a Certificate of Destruction regardless of their decision to choose on-site or off-site shredding.
On-site shredding is not necessarily more secure than off-site shredding. Consider the following:
- If you have elected on-site shredding, do you or an employee of your company watch the shredding process?
- If you do not, why is it more secure at your facility than ADD, Inc?
- If you do watch, do you really know what you are watching?
Now, consider this real-world example:
The Enron scandal created a myth that all shredded paper can be pieced back together. Enron’s attorneys were able to piece the paper together because the shredding was done with isolated shredders into an isolated container. Since only Enron’s documents were shredded it was no more than a large puzzle to piece back together. This scenario is impossible with American Document Destruction’s “closed loop” off-site shredding.
Off-site shredding ensures that all of your confidential documents are mixed with thousands of pounds of other customers’ documents. With our off-site shredding service, your documents are picked up and securely disposed of using the following processes:
- Confidential documents are placed within a locked container
- Documents to be shredded are picked up by a trained, screened ADD, Inc. employee
- All material to be shredded is placed on a locked truck
- Documents are transported to ADD, Inc. secure shredding facility
- All records are immediately shredded and baled
- Baled paper is secured until sent directly to paper mill for recycling
Most vendors that offer only on-site shredding do not bale the shredded paper. Instead, they dump it at a recycling facility where there are no background checks or drug testing required for their employees. We are a secure document destruction company that bales all shredded material and sends it directly to the paper mill for both our on-site and off-site shredding solutions.
Off-site shredding is also more cost-effective than on-site shredding when you are in need of document shredding in Carson City NV, Lake Tahoe CA, and anywhere that isn’t in the Reno-Sparks area. It’s important to factor in all of the hidden costs associated with on-site shredding. Witnessing the on-site shredding process is not a cost-free endeavor. A cost analysis will quickly reveal the expenses associated with staff wages and benefits allocated for the visual verification process. As a result, off-site shredding services overall are more economical than on-site destruction.
PROVIDING YOU WITH SHREDDING
Choices to fit your business needs
Ultimately, your shredding choice comes down to which solution offers the most benefit for your business. American Document Destruction, Inc. is committed to offering the best value for your dollar. After all, a happy and informed customer is our best asset!