Avoid a Data Breach
At American Document Destruction, we’ve seen the harsh effects of a data breach on numerous companies across Northern Nevada and California. Most businesses are not prepared for the aftermath of a data breach, and are left trying to deal with the outcome themselves. The amount of data breaches occurring increases each year, which is putting more and more companies at risk.
As a certified member of the National Association of Information Destruction (NAID), we strive to provide small and medium-sized business owners with a comprehensive data breach protection solution. That’s why we’re now offering the industry-leading data protection services from CSR Privacy Solutions.
CSR Readiness® Pro
Privacy Assessment & Data Breach Reporting Solutions™
The CSR Readiness® program focuses on Personally Identifiable Information (PII). PII is any and all information that can possibly identify an individual. It’s important to keep this information secure in order to prevent identity theft or fraud in the case of a data breach. CSR’s program helps reduce the risk of a data breach and ensures a plan for solution if a data breach were to occur.
The CSR Readiness® Pro Edition was created as a proactive solution to help businesses improve their process for handling personal information and to help identify potential weak points in their approach to privacy and security. Once these problems are assessed, customers receive feedback that will help remedy their businesses privacy practices to be more secure.
CSR’s Breach Reporting Solutions™ is the reactive solution created by the Certified Information Privacy Professionals in the case of a data breach. This service assists with the legal hassle of handling a data breach. CSR will help report a breach to the proper authorities, handle the mandated federal and state notifications, and will notify your customers for you.
HOW IT WORKS
CSR Readiness® Pro Services
- Take the self-assessment data privacy questionnaire.
- Receive a generation of remediation instruction, policies and best practices regarding compliance, security, incident response planning and audit.
- Get 24/7 access to allow ongoing input and regular monitoring.
Data Breach Reporting Solutions™
- Collect all necessary information.
- Call the toll-free number: 888-301-6449
- The CSR Privacy Professional will evaluate the incident using their patented CSR systems.
- CSR will complete all necessary reporting and, if needed, will work with the company to complete consumer notification.
DID YOU KNOW
Did you know the following about Data Breach Notification and Data Privacy Laws in the State of Nevada?
• MANDATED TIMEFRAME FOR DATA BREACH REPORTING AND/OR CONSUMER NOTIFICATION is WITHOUT UNREASONABLE DELAY
• If notification is required to more than 1,000 persons, it must also be reported, without unreasonable delay, to specified consumer reporting agencies.
• Nevada State Attorney General may bring an action to obtain a temporary or permanent injunction for violation of the ‘Security of Personal Information’ laws.
• A data owner may be liable for damages if they cannot prove compliance with the breach, notification, and data protection laws.
• A data owner that maintains records with personal information must implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect those records from unauthorized access, acquisition, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
• If measures are not taken, the data owner may be held liable for damages related to the breach.
• If your breach affects residents in other states, you will need to notify those residents using that state’s rules
WE ARE COMMITTED
to Providing The Best Data Security
The CSR Readiness® and Data Breach Reporting Solutions™ are not only a benefit to the company that uses them, but is also beneficial for that company’s customers and employees as well. At American Document Destruction, Inc., we are more than just a shredding company. We strive to be your full-service provider for all of your data security solutions. We are offering the CSR Readiness® Pro Suite that combines both the CSR Readiness® Program and the CSR Breach Reporting Service™ for only $29.99 a month.